Prisoners have rights, including:
- protection from bullying and harassment
- healthcare – including support for a mental health condition
- The right to information
- Prisoners or remanded persons can request to clarify information from the respective prison (the sentence details etc) or Maldives Correctional Service via “Right to information” form or letters
- The right to complain if unhappy or have an issue
- Prisoners or remanded persons who have any complaints against the conditions and/ or any other services provided by the prison can file a formal complaint via the “Complain form” or letters.
- Maldives Correctional Service will duly follow up on the complaints and take necessary action where required.
- Education and skill development
- Prisoners who meet the criteria of parole can submit a request to enrol in a parole programme.